Peace of mind for just £85.00
For a flat fee of £85.00 you will receive up to £1,500 of cover, valid for up to 6 months from the policy start date, cover includes:-
- Conveyancing fees (including fees for local authority searches)
- Mortgage Arrangement Fees
- Survey and Valuation Fees
Moving house is stressful enough without the financial worry of the purchase falling through and loss of money you have paid out. Home Buyers Protection Insurance is designed to reimburse costs that would otherwise be lost when a home purchase falls through. Residential and Buy To Let property buyers can cover upfront expenses in the event of the purchase failing due to:-
- The property is withdrawn from sale by the vendor due to reasons beyond your control
- The vendor receives and accepts an offer from a third party, which is a minimum of £1,000 greater than the offer from you previously accepted by them
- A Local Authority search highlights that the property is the subject of a compulsory purchase order
- The vendor is not legally entitled to sell the property or to transfer interest in the property to you
- You or the person who is buying the property with you either:
- a. die and the survivor is unable or unwilling to continue with the purchase
- b. are given notice of redundancy and you are unable or unwilling to continue with the purchase
- c. are given notice of relocation and you are unable or unwilling to continue with the purchase
- You are diagnosed with a terminal illness and are unable or unwilling to continue the purchase
- The initial mortgage lender’s valuation of the property is less than 90% of the sum you have offered for the property and which has been accepted by the vendor.
- Prior to the releasing of funds the mortgage lender insists on rectification work being carried out to the property, the cost of which exceeds 10% of the sum you have offered and which has been accepted by the vendor.
- The mortgage lender applies a retention on the loan for the property and this figure exceeds 10% of the sum you have offered for the property and which has been accepted by the vendor.
- The property sustains damage during the period of insurance where the total cost of rectification work exceeds 10% of the property value.
The following statistics
Significant Exclusions or Limitations
The policy does not cover costs and expenses:
- incurred prior to the inception date
- if you are aware of a previous survey of the property which may lead to an insured event
- if you decide to withdraw from the purchase of the property, unless the reason is covered by an insured event
- if an insured event occurs due to a deliberate act by you
- if they can be reclaimed from or refunded by another party
- that are covered by another insurance policy or would have been covered by another insurance policy if this policy did not exist
- if in respect of redundancy
- i) you are self-employed
- ii) you take voluntary redundancy
- iii) you are a partner or director of the company that is making you redundant.
It only takes a few minutes to complete the on-line application by clicking on the “Apply” button below and completing the short application form.
Terms and conditions apply. Please read the following Policy Summary and Wording documents for detail on limits and exclusions.